Bloglovin' Button

Follow

September 12, 2020

A Mumble Jumble of A Time



My my has it been a long time. Just a few more months and it would've been a year since I last posted. I didn't intend to do this, I just had frequent writer's block, so here we are. 

It's also felt so long because of this little thing called Covid-19. I won't talk too much about that because what hasn't been said? Life has been a lot, hasn't it? What have I been up to you ask? School, emotions, and many many thoughts, which I wasn't able to write here. I'm a year older, and that's affected some of my thoughts. I never felt different each time I had a birthday, but this one...it's changed everything. Meh, we'll move on, I'm on the up and up.

I think part of what my writers block stemmed from was the fact that a few of my recent posts have been more personal than the rest of my posts. I didn't know how to write after that. Do I continue to write about my experiences; sad experiences? If I were to continue that, I'd either have way too many posts, or the blog would seemingly end. Neither of which I want. I just don't think I want this to be a public journal. I want to write about myself and my experiences sure, but there needs to be a boundary. So, here we are, a year later. It's been a conundrum of time. 

I'm quite nostalgic I think. Remembering the years of ease, the years of less pain, the time that felt like late nights, neverending, with just deep and random thoughts with friends, significant others, and so forth. Maybe I feel nostalgic is because our times are uncertain right now, it's hard to imagine a future that is normal again. So I'm going back into my mental files of happy memories; traveling, more time with friends, independence, and randomly, good weather. Weather that is utterly relaxing and soft. 

So here I am, nostalgic as all get out. In a mumble jumble of a time. 

Hopefully, I'll be back sooner.

Mercedes



No comments:

Post a Comment